Saturday 27 June 2015

Rides, Love em or hate em?




I am not a fan of hot weather. To say that is an understatement. I hate Summer. Always have. With Summer comes the bugs, the bees and ughhh the heat. Today was one of those ughh days. It was 30 degrees celsius. I did not want to go out in the heat. Not even a little bit. But I also didnt want my children to be stuck in the house all day on such a ..... Nice day (for others). I was supposed to go to the beach to visit with my Sister who is camping this weekend. We however got a call from her saying the beach is beyond disgusting, full of bird poop so bad she is gagging. Um... ya, beach out. So off to the park we went.





Walking across the field I think to myself, geez, even the grass is crunchy, damn this heat. Looking ahead my 4 year old says "Mommy, there is nobody at the park". "Nope there sure isnt" I say, thinking to myself (Who in their right mind would be standing in this Sahara desert bullshit, that's why there is nobody at the park) Everything in that park was hot. Their poor little bums on the swings. But as kids they endure it. They dont mind, they want to play. Me... I wanted to dive for the shade, hide from this blaring sun. But I pushed them both on the swings and we played until they were too hot to go on. Yay for me.



Our plans for the next day included a trip to a small carnival that we saw in a shopping mall parking lot some days ago. I told our 4 yr old if it is still there this weekend we will go. Out tonight we passed said parking lot and it in fact is still there. I thought to myself. The night is getting cooler, the clouds are blocking the sun, it is still hot as hell, but the sun isnt beating into my soul like it was earlier today at the park. Why take them tomorrow when it will be even hotter (god help me) and the sun will be out in full force. Lets go now!




Not that me or my husband we too fond of this idea the girls were quite thrilled. Our 2 yr old was happy I believe only because her sister was happy and she is all into doing whatever her big sister does at this moment. So she is happy, so is the little one. We paid for our tickets and we are ready for this little evening fun.



They quite enjoyed their first ride. Unfortunately our youngest was not happy at the end and more than ready to come off. This little helicopter ride only our oldest was to go on. But the little one wanted to as well. The lady said sure if she went on with someone. I offered my husband up instantly (hehe). Well, that backfired because than they both wanted to go on with us. It never occurred to me that I would have to go on a ride. Dammit all to hell. lol. I HATE rides. I don't care if it is a little baby ride or a big ride. I haven't been on these rides since I was a teenager and I am well past that. So I climbed into this little purple helicopter pod for my girls. We rode around and around and around, spinning rides are the ones I hate the most. Get me off them immediately. I was so more than ready to come out when the ride stopped.



We got a snow cone and played the dart game and won the girls their little stuffed animal they will never touch again $10 well spent right there. But I always remember how I felt as a kid. It was fun, it didnt matter that the stupid stuffed animal was not fun after you won it, it was that you won it!



Of course the snow cone comes back to us parents as the kids only want to hold it for so long. My Husband says to me "What is this thing?". I say to him "What, you have never had a snow cone?". I mean, seriously now. I know you grew up in Italy and have only been here 6 years but what in the mother lovin hell... Hasn't everyone had a snowcone? I quite enjoyed the snowcone. Yum!

So as we are driving home it occurs to me. Shit!!! This is just the beginning. This isn't even the BIG exhibition. What happens when she wants to go on the big rides, I know sure as shit her father isn't gonna go as he hates them as much as me. What to do... These kids are only going to get bigger and want to go on rides and god forbid with us... So I devised a plan. These kids will want to go on every ride someday. I hate all... So what shall I do. It hits me! When these kids get bigger and they want to go on rides, I will buy 3 tickets. Two for the kids and 1 for my Sister. She loves rides more than anyone I know. And there we have it. Problem solved :)



Have you read my last post A missed opportunity? Click here






14 comments:

  1. We love rides..especially Sylvia my daughter. Nice Post.

    Angela at www.daysinbed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love them lol. That time has long past :)

      Delete
  2. I love rides although I'm starting to get a little scared with age.. Glad you found a solution! I've never had a snow cone! I'd love one though, it looks great! #wineandboobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be it with me. Getting scared lol. As a teenager you don't think about how they put together these things. Thanks so much for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I hate rides too, but I love snow cones! Looks like they had a blast. #wineandboobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Love me the snowcones. Yum.

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete
  4. It actually sounds like you had a good day despite the weather and the forced rides lol. I love rides :) Thanks for linking to #AnythingGoes
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I still loved them. But the time for me has passed and not a fan :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking up with #ShowcaseTuesday - It's Winter over here for us, so very jealous of your hot weather ;) - rides no thank you - have to agree with you, they best to be avoided

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can have the hot weather and the rides ;)

    Thanks so much for reading and commenting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fab day, even if you had to go on the rides. Well done for braving the heat of the park.

    I have no idea what a snow cone is either, but I'm British, which is probably why!

    Thanks for linking up with #wineandboobs
    @twentyfirstmama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, I would have thought snow cones were universal lol

      Thanks so much for reading my post :)

      Delete
  8. I'm not a fan of rides but sounds like you had a good day and good on you both for just getting on with it. The weather has been great here in the UK too and a carnival comes at the end of the month to my home town every year. I am not looking forward to taking the children but the candyfloss is good! Thanks for sharing your experience #anythinggoes

    Janet www.ramblesrantswritings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our big carnival is here and I will be taking the girls in the next day or two. Darn ;) I love that you call it candy floss. My father is from London and he calls it that and we all laugh at him. We call it cotton candy here :)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete

Popular Posts