Monday 13 July 2015

Talking with spirits. Do you believe?



Mediums, psychics, Palm readers. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to know the truth. Is there a special gift. Are these people on tv actors who pretend? Or, are there really a select few that really have this gift? My thoughts banked on the latter. I had no proof however. I did not know a real psychic or medium, so finding out was pretty much out of the cards for me.

Psychic fairs, the run of the mill palm reader... I wasn't buying it. I still don't. I truly believe if you have this gift you are not rolling with the psychic fairs. So, needless to say my money was never spent at these venues.

I love watching Long Island Medium. Theresa Caputo is amazing! I have wished to meet her one day, but I am sure do does half of the world. On her website it said she was booking 2 years in advance. I emailed, I never got a reply. I kind of gave up on the idea. It seemed not overly possible and really, she was the only one I believed in.

To give a little backround info, my husband is of Italian decent. Both his parents passed away before we met. We met online and 6 years ago he moved here to Canada to be with me. We were married the following year and have two daughters aged 2 & 5. When he talked about his parents it was clear he was a mama's boy. I think what Italian boy isn't? But I know from the way he spoke about her, she and him were extremely close. I could see in his eyes, in his emotions he was..... a little broken inside. There were times he would talk as parents passing and I myself would cry just listening. I always thought to IF I ever had the chance to book a reading with a medium, I would do it, I would pay whatever it was, for him... It was all for him.

 
He never believed. He never had the same enthusiasm I did when I watched the shows. I was enthralled and he was a skeptic if you will. My husband is an atheist to the nth degree and talk about heaven and spirits, well, he wasn't buyin it. I didn't try to convince him. He believes what he believes as do I. Do I believe in an actual heaven with god? No. But I do believe there is an afterlife, not that I think it is in the clouds with fluffy clouds and pearly white gates, but I fully believe in spirits around you. My husband, does not.

I always kept my eyes open. Meeting Theresa Caputo was kinda out of the cards for me so I just hoped one day something would happen. I was on a buy and sell site on Facebook one day and I saw a conversation about psychics and mediums. I scrolled through the comments and saw a bunch of names. One comment in particular struck me. Carmel Baird, she lives in Edmonton, she has the show Moms a Medium.. I really thought.... WHAT?? That is like living in the same city as Theresa Caputo. THIS was possible. I made the call immediately. I booked the appointment. I was hesitant. We do not have money to just throw around. And.... what if, what if this is a point where we are basically throwing our money away.... My Husband is gonna kill me.

I wont deny he was NOT happy I booked this appointment. Even less happy with the price. I lied to him a little to soften the blow, but I fessed up and let him know how much I had spent. The good thing about him is, in all honesty, if it makes me happy, he in the end, is ok with whatever I do. This does not mean he was happy with it, but he knew I was doing it for him.

Our appointment was 6 months away. I could hardly wait. Would it be worth it, would I have wasted my money. What would she say....

 
I watched her shows in anticipation, I made my husband watch her shows. When the time came we got a call three days before the appointment. They had to reschedule. I was crushed. I waited so long for this. I was dying with excitement. So, I waited. Another two months went by. Near the next appointment we got another call. They had to reschedule again. AGAIN?!?!?! I was shocked to say the least. I was building myself up to it again only to be disappointed. God dammit! So, we were to rebook for this July, 2015.

The phone rang on the Friday, we had the appointment on a Monday. I knew it, without even knowing the number I just knew. I picked up the phone and not a hello, not a hi, I said, please don't reschedule. She told me Carmel was sick and she needed to take some time to rest. She said we could take a phone call reading instead of meeting her in person. I cried!! I mean, how could this be happening? I waited for so long, I paid so much money. I want what I paid for. She explained that we could rebook but it would be into late November of 2015 and than there are no guarantees of her being well. I let them know I would call them back.

I had to tell my husband..... I didn't want to. Not again, not for a third time. I was trying to get him to believe with me, and this is happening. I started to feel like we were being taken for a ride. A phone call? How is that supposed to work? He was furious! I am sure I ruined his day when I spoke to him. He said absolutely no phone calls. He wanted his money back. He wanted me to call back, cancel everything and get the money back immediately.

I made the call. I cried some more. I told her how I didn't want the phone call. I was so upset. BUT... I was not cancelling this. I waited too long and I wanted it!! I wanted it for him. This was happening. I spoke to her about the phone call. She assured me, when she started working for Carmel she was a skeptic, Carmel changed that for her. She told me that many skeptics prefer a phone call as than the person cannot read your body language and such, the things that skeptics feel a person reads while being in your presence. She told me Carmel does readings for people all over the world via phone. It is the exact same thing you are just not there in person.

Ok... I was in. I wasn't fully convinced. I was set on meeting her. I figured you had to meet someone to do this. How am I supposed to know. I mean really. But I said ok. Monday it is, you will call us and we will be there. 10am. Now.... To tell my Husband again. When I did, he was obviously not happy. He said no phone calls, he said to get our money back, but...... I was doing this, for him and I wasn't taking no for an answer. I told him, what they explained to me on the phone, and we both waited for Monday to come.

I have to admit, I was a little off put by the whole thing. A phone call.... please! But 9am we took our children to Grandmas, got ourselves some healthy McDonalds breakfast and waited for that phone call. I was so nervous. But oh man I was excited. What would happen? Would we be believers or would we think, what a effin scam. Time was to tell. Tick tock tick tock. Than the phone rang.

We answered the phone and she introduced herself and we did too. She explained to us how it will work that spirits will come in around her and us and she will read from their energy. Um.... ok. Lets do this. She asked me if my Grandmother on my Mothers side passed. She  did. She said she is coming forward. She than asked if my Grandfather on my Dads side had passed. He did. She said he is coming forward.

She than asked my Husband if his Mother had passed, she said she is coming forward. And she asked if his Father had passed. They both have. She said first thing to my Husband, would you say that you were Moms boy? She says Susan, you have never met his mother have you. I have not. She says to me, she looks at you and says I approve of you. And she thanks you for taking care of her son. Nobody knows this, but I would sit in my room sometimes and sort of talk to his mom. I never met her. I always always wonder if she would think I am good enough. I have asked her a lot "Do you approve of me". So that being one of the first things she says his mom said to me. I was a little shocked.

She asks my Husband, does your mom speak another language? She did, she was Italian. She says, your mom is speaking a mile a minute. She said to my husband, your Father says "He loves you and he is proud of you", "Im sorry I didn't say this more, I should have said this more to you", she said, he says "At times in his life, he was a man of few words, I often didn't know how to say things I wanted to express to you". She asked him if this makes sense. From everything he has ever told me about his father she nailed it!!! It was a little surprising.

She said to my husband "Your Father wants me to talk about your placement you have in the family" she said, there is something special about your placement in the family. She says, you're the only boy". He is.

She said did either one of them have problems with their stomach? My Husband said his father. She said did he always have heartburn and stomach problems, acid reflux"? He did!

 
And to take in mind, these are people who lived in Italy their whole life and spoke only Italian.

She asks "Who is the Gardener? Who likes flowers? She said, when I asked "what are you doing in heaven I heard Garden and flowers". My husband always talked about his mom loving her garden and planting her flowers. I remember these conversations, so when she spoke of this it made me smile. The next thing she asked is, who lives in a condominium or townhouse? We do.... She said "Your mother says more flowers, more garden". The funny thing is, this year, I decided not to buy flowers. I usually do, I just didn't this year.

She said "You mother wants to talk about the month of February". It was the month she passed away.

She says "Did you and your Husband meet online"? Because your Mother says "And on the computer he meets his wife!!! and on the computer!!!", she said, like she cant believe it and she laughed.

She says "They want me to talk about a Birthday that is coming up". Our oldest daughters birthday was the next day. She also said "who plays the music all the time?", my Husband listens to Heavy Metal music ALL the time. He was in a Heavy Metal band before he moved from Italy to be with me. She said, your Mother says "I love to hear the music"....."Its not the kind of music that I would like to hear, but I love to hear YOUR music". I loved that!! Truly.

She talked about my Husbands mother saying how we should go back to Italy, and she said "Your mother talks about you talking to their pictures and honoring them". When we were in Italy, his parents are in a cemetery, but not in the ground, they are in a wall, and what you see on the face of their wall square is their pictures. When my husband goes there, I leave him for a bit and he talks to them. Talks to their pictures.

She than asked my husband "Do you have problems with your knee?". Your Mother says you need to take care of yourself. I am not sure if anyone knows this but me and my husband this past December we went to Banff for a little getaway. When we were in the hotel we were playing around and I pushed him off the bed, he hit his knee. Ever since it has bugged him off and on. I don't think he has told anyone that his knee bugs him, except for me.....

She said to us "She says I saw what you wrote for me". I asked her to elaborate. She said "She says thank you, I love this". She asked me, did you made a plaque, or something for her headstone? Now this was the clincher for me. Since we waited a year to see or hear from Carmel, when Christmas came around I picked up a wooden heart from the craft store. painted it and wrote on it, in Italian "Thank you for raising your son to be the man of my dreams". We sent this to Italy in a package for Christmas. The ONLY people who knew this were me, my husband and his sisters family in Italy. I asked his sister to hang it on her headstone.

She said to my husband "Did your mother not drive?". Because she said "Your mother says, if you ask me what I am doing in heaven, I am driving all over the place. She said, "She is much more independent, and your father is the quiet one now. She says I am the boss now." His mother did not drive!

She says, was the house that your mother lived in, you sold that correct. She said "you did all of the right things after our passing". They did sell that house.

I asked her before we hung up "Does his mom have a message for his sister?". She said "She wanted to tell them all she loves them and misses them. She talks about her Rosary or necklace. She says to tell her, "I am in the garden with her".

We had many more messages. I wanted to share the ones I loved most. He asked questions, he got answers. But it would be a long long post if I wrote it all.

I walk away from this knowing from what I experienced, it was real, she was real. You cannot fake things that nobody else knows.

I remember them telling me on the phone, if you take this call with Carmel, I guarantee you will be happy after the call. I know you are unhappy now, but you wont be after the call.

I can wholeheartedly say, I would take another call in a heartbeat. Was it worth the money? Absolutely!!! The peace that my husband has within his heart was worth more than that. I would pay the money again in a heartbeat to do it again. I was a believer before, now I have my own proof.

My husband.... Is he a believer? I think its hard for him to admit. But he will say, he knows what happened to him that day. Was it real? Yes, it was. And that to me is enough. He knows, it was real, she was real. And it gave him peace within his heart.




Have you read my last post Weight loss woes, Day1? Click here to read








 

24 comments:

  1. Wow...........Jaklyne is a believer in psychics and had just went to see a lady who read her cards..........I am so happy you got answers and have some peace after this.......Love Uncle Keven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this . . . I have always gone to psychics but not many that have told me about the "after life" or messages from those that have passed. That is very very special and I am happy that you did this not only for you BUT for your husband. I am a believer in the after life and have had some very vivid dreams and messages from my parents too, that have passed. Would love to hear more and share stories some time too! Love you and your family . . . Auntie Jak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting susan. I believe in life after death and so does my husband. We don't personally go to psychics but it is interesting to read your experience angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to one before this. It was an amazing experience to say the least :)

      Delete
  4. Wow that gave me goosebumps! Glad he got some closure! #wineandboobs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks I sent the link to my girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she read it and I hope she liked it :) Thank you for reading and commenting

      Delete
  6. I'm like you, I believe in spirits and being able to contact them but I'm pretty sceptical about celebrity mediums - it's way too easy to use special effects etc on a TV show. When you speak to someone in person and they know things no one else could know how can you not believe that? I'm glad you had a positive experience in the end and that your husband got peace of mind from this :)
    Thanks for linking to #AnythingGoes
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. I am so glad he found peace too. It was a truly amazing experience

      Delete
  7. Wow, what a fantastic reading you had? I am so glad that your husband got to talk to his mum and dad. I've never been to a psychic but my mum has and she has had a couple of fantastic readings with my dad coming through. I really want to go to that medium but I'm worried I'd still find it a bit too emotional if dad came through. Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend her if you did. I 100% would do I again. Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  8. I have been fascinated with the supernatural since I was 9 and that has been for 30 years! It only gets worse as I get older. Awesome blog you have! I am Stacey from over at pootsnotes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Stacey for reading my blog and commenting. For as long as I remember I was fascinated by the idea, wanting so bad to know if its true. Now I know :)

      Delete
  9. I'm glad to read that it gave some peace. #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Al for taking the time to read my blog :)

      Delete
  10. Amazing post! I also love watching Theresa Caputo, and have always wondering how some just seem to have that gift! The woman you talked to definitely seems to have that gift also. I would love to have a reading like this someday. #Alittlebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend her. I would absolutely do it again. I have been thinking about it too actually :)

      Delete
  11. How cool that you were able to get what you needed, for yourself and your husband. I know that you said that you were not a believer, but I am and I believe that we are given this messages to comfort us, to give us faith, to help us go on and on through the rough times. And answers, love that you got answers. And you can hear the love in their messages to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so unbelievably happy with the experience. I was so worried it wasn't going to be what we hoped, it was everything I hoped it would be.

      Delete
  12. Wow that's so interesting. I always wonder about psychics but I'm never convinced it's real.

    I'm glad that it gave your husband some comfort.

    Thanks for linking up with #wineandboobs
    @twentyfirstmama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always like that too. I believed, but absolutely wondered, what IF it wasn't real. Now I know that this lady.... she was real. :)

      Delete
  13. I loved this!! I've always believed in the supernatural, but tend not to disturb that side of life. Nana is a spiriturlist and always told me to respect them. Although I did get too see all her tartar cards that she used. It's fantastic that you got some answers to your questions. more so for your husband. Hope to read more of these in the future.

    Kira xx

    www.seasonalrose.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts